The FS-UNEP Centre’s research covers challenges surrounding finance in the light of the climate crisis. Research areas include
- the role of financial markets for low-carbon and climate-resilient investments;
- impacts of policies and incentives on a macro level on investors’ financing decisions;
- energy and climate policy in emerging and developing countries;
- interaction between different policy instruments and their resilience to external shocks; and
- sustainable finance and scenario analysis for financial decision making.
Our research activities are linked with the actual project implementation. This allows our research team to provide facts-based analysis and relevant practical guidance not only relevant for academia but also public and private decision-makers.
The Green Climate Fund (GCF) Monitor reviews the progress of the Green Climate Fund’s efforts to respond to the challenge of climate change. Each issue analyses and briefly describes a unique topic selected because of its high importance at the recent Board meeting or other relevant event. The monitor analyses data provided on the GCF website and builds on existing literature.