Newsletter - Volume 7
Access to clean energy solutions and information related to climate change is increasingly important, judging from the impact that it already has on the livelihoods of populations world-wide. Climate change is still fast apace, which is why many European institutions are dedicated to raise public awareness of renewable energies and energy efficiency.
In this effort the Frankfurt School - UNEP Collaborating Centre for Climate & Sustainable Energy Finance (the Centre) has now released its seventh newsletter to offer a transparent look into its recent activities and international project work.
In this issue please read about:
- The Centre’s project portfolio in the field of microfinance for ecosystem based adaptation (MEbA) and it’s role at COP20,
- a number of recent Centre workshops: the Renewable Energy Finance Workshop in Ghana, a Stakeholders Workshop on Women Entrepreneurs in the field of energy in Bhopal and Indore, MEbA’s regional workshops in Peru and Ecuador,
- a number of recent publications: the CFAS Guide to the biennial assessment, the European Commission report on shifting climate finance
- the e-learning course “Certified Expert in Climate & Renewable Energy Finance” – an opportunity to widen your scope and become a green energy finance expert from home. Registration is now open!
- updates on the projects Sustainable Energy for All (SE4ALL), Capacity building for MFIs in Ethiopia and Nepal, finalising the NIE Accreditation Application to the Adaptation Fund of the Cook Islands and our UNEP projects MEbA and SCAF II