Supporting Southeast Bank Limited in Bangladesh in enhancing EE/RE lending
The Global Climate Partnership Fund (GCPF) provided a credit line to Southeast Bank Limited (SEBL) Bangladesh for on-lending to energy efficiency (EE) and renewable energy (RE) investments. SEBL is one of the leading corporate banks in Bangladesh, financing some of the country’s major industries from the textile and pharmaceutical sectors. GCPF engaged Frankfurt School to support SEBL in developing an EE/RE lending portfolio, positioning the bank in the area of green finance, building capacities within the bank, and, ultimately, contributing to climate change mitigation by reducing carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions.
Types of services provided:
- Client/loan portfolio screening and clustering,
- EE/RE loan pipeline building,
- assessment of energy and CO2 savings,
- adaptation of internal procedures towards EE/RE lending,
- development of “EE/RE lending positioning paper” and implementation plan,
- staff trainings,
- and on-the-job coaching.