Energy Efficiency Finance – Market Studies
The Development Bank of Austria (OeEB) aims at promoting energy efficiency (EE) and renewable energies (RE) in selected countries. The objective of this market study was to
- Analyse the overall financial markets, economic framework conditions, EE/RE market potential, and available financing;
- Determine a “financing gap” (current supply vs. demand for EE/RE finance) that would justify an OeEB intervention;
- Identify potential project partners such as international financial institutions for co-financing, local financial institutions for on-lending, and/or local private companies for direct lending;
- Assess the potential partners’ requirements for technical assistance;
- Recommend the most promising target countries, project design, and local implementing partners.
The Centre led all finance-related tasks like financial market analysis, determination of financing gap, identification of potential project partners, assessment of technical assistance requirements, and final recommendations to OeEB on target countries and project design. Partner company Allplan led the analysis of the technical EE/RE market potential.