Croatia: Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency Facility
There is a large potential for and interest in investments in Energy Efficiency (EE) and Renewable Energy (RE) in Croatia. The overall objective of the programme is to contribute to an improved energy supply and to a further economic development of the private sector in the country through the cost-effective utilisation of Renewable Energy sources for electricity production and Energy Efficiency measures at various levels.
In this project the programme consultant assists PEA and KfW in the implementation of the Renewable Energies and Energy Efficiency Facility in Croatia and in consulting and training of HBOR, if required, the commercial partner bank(s), investors and intermediaries by fulfilling the following tasks (among others):
- Assistance regarding the implementation of the RE-EE Facility
- Market development, Facility marketing and awareness activities
- Assistance and training measures for partner banks’ personnel
- Assistance and training for PEA and intermediaries regarding the technical and economic assessment of investments
- Cost controlling, regular reporting duties and time schedule
The main task of the staff is to make a need assessment, to develop and adjust the loan products to the needs of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy projects and to train the bank staff in the appraisal of these projects. Another focus is placed on the development of a marketing strategy and the organisation of awareness rising events. During the whole duration of the project FS consultants are responsible for the adjustment to the products and the monitoring of the credit line.